Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Browser War reloaded, IE-Share drops to 68%.

I'm a MSFT fan boy. I’m always curious to know how much market-share MSFT holds for its products. MSFT’s main two eye-catching products are Internet Explorer and Operating System. I keep an eye on both.

I don't know at what point MSFT got lazy or at what point they started losing the game of  Browser-War. As a nightmare, IE share is dipping and Firefox share is on its phase, covering a share of 20% (on Dec 1, 2008). IE’s share dropped to 68%. Remember, IE had a solid-share of 95%, on 2002. Suddenly, IE sunk when Mozilla hit the market with its open-source browser captioned Firefox.

MSFT has got a tough time ahead with IE8. Right now I'm using IE8 Beta 2. I'm enjoying with it. Much much better than IE7. One-way-or-another, Google is struggling with its new browser Chrome, with a market-share of 1% approx. I know its not a time to judge Chrome, since its just been launched. Chrome was released with an aim to cover IE’s market share. If so, they have to cover Safari (8%) and Firefox (20%). But, I cannot understand one thing, Google has an alliance with Mozilla, due to which they had made Google as their default search-engine. One thing is sure, Chrome is not going to cover Firefox at any point. Then one thing could happen, either Google would buy Firefox or Firefox and Chrome browser-team would work together to beat IE.

One thing is very clear now. MSFT realized the seriousness when they start losing IE share & with the rise of anti-MSFT sentiments., around the globe. IE8 is a good challenge for both Google and Mozilla. I betsmile_speedy.

On thing that always made me laugh is that Chrome won’t make a prompt when we try to close it with multiple tabs opened or downloads are in progress. I don't and cant understand why Google team missed such a silly point when making a major move. Also they have to do much work in CSS Engine. ASP.NET site was one of my favorite site, which is cluttered in Chrome. Then how can I…

No comments:

 
Best viewed in Internet Explorer 8.