Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D

Since I downloaded the latest build of Windows Live Wave (build 14.0.8050.1202), experiencing some strange error in Gmail pop settings. I’ve Hotmail and Yahoo!Mail working smoothly on the other side. Gmail was working fine with the previous build.

I don't know what's wrong with the Gmail POP settings. I've enabled POP settings in Gmail. Since my Hotmail & Yahoo!Mail is working nice, I cannot blame WLM. Oh! forgot to mention, my Gmail works well if I’m using IMAP. But, I prefer to use POP settings. When I try to Sync, I’m getting an exception as

wlmail_gmail_pop

The error code Ox8OOCCCOD is thrown when the server is not available.

My WLW Gmail configuration is

wlmail_gmail_config

Where do I missed? Is Gmail POP server experience some problem. No, I don't think so. Then where does I go wrong?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

change incoming server address to pop.gmail.com, not pop3.gmail.com

Abhilash said...

Thanks Andrew,
you are right! A slight ignorant mistake caused the headache!
:)

 
Best viewed in Internet Explorer 8.