Tuesday, October 28, 2008

RSS Syntax

For a long time, I’s looking for creating RSS feeds using ASP.NET. I got a couple of examples after Googling. Everything was explained nice. But, it lacked something. None of them explained the basic syntax of RSS feeds. At last, I got the syntax from MSDN library.

Yap! I'm really a fool. Because, there’s a working example on MSDN. Still I didn’t searched MSDN initially. I’s wondering how Google made internet everyone’s biggest weakness.

Here is the syntax:

<rss version=”2.0”>

<channel>  

      <title>website’s name</title>

      <link>website’s link</link>

      <description>website description</description>

      <item>

            <title>news-item title</title>

            <link>news-item link</link>

            <description>news-item description</description>

            <author>news-item author</author>

            <pubDate>news-item published date</pubDate>

     </item>

     <item>

            ---

            --- NEXT ITEM Details

            ---

      </item>  

</channel>

</rss>

No comments:

 
Best viewed in Internet Explorer 8.